There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing the best gutter type for your home. The shape of your roof is an essential factor to consider. Here, we’ll go through a couple of factors to help you decide what gutter type to get.
How Gutters Work
Gutters are installed along the edge of your roof, and they help direct water away from your home. Gutters work by collecting rainwater and snowmelt from your roof and then guiding it down to your downspouts. If you don’t have gutters, all that water will eventually find its way into your home, which can cause a lot of damage.
Types Of Roof And What Gutter Works Best For Them
In general, there are five types of roofs: flat, low-slope, moderate-slope, high-slope, and mansard. The best gutter type for every kind of roof is different:
- Flat Roofs – Flat roofs don’t have any slopes, so choosing a gutter that can handle large amounts of water is essential. A good option for flat roofs is a rain barrel gutter system. Rain barrel gutters have a large capacity and can handle heavy rains.
- Low-Slope Roofs – Low-slope roofs have a slope of 2:12 or less. For these roofs, a good option is an extended roof seamless gutters. Extended roof gutters are designed to handle large amounts of water and are ideal for low-slope roofs.
- Moderate-Slope Roofs – Moderate-slope roofs have a slope of 2:12 to 4:12. For these roofs, a good option is an aluminum half-round gutter system. Aluminum gutters are lightweight and can handle moderate amounts of water.
- High-Slope Roofs – High-slope roofs have a slope greater than 4:12. For these roofs, a good option is a copper gutter system. Copper gutters are durable and can handle high amounts of water.
- Mansard Roofs – Mansard roofs have a lower slope and an upper slope. The best gutter type for mansard roofs depends on the lower slope’s angle. If the lower slope is greater than 15 degrees, a good option is a vinyl gutter system. If the lower slope is less than 15 degrees, an extended roof gutter system is a good option. Extended roof gutters are designed to handle large amounts of water and are ideal for low-slope roofs.
Get The Best Gutters
If you’re not sure which gutter is right for your home, Gutter Gorilla can help. We offer gutter installation services. Discover how the best gutter for your roof can help you protect your house and raise its value. At Gutter Gorilla, we’re ready to help you out.